DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Tennis Saskatchewan is the Provincial Sport Governing Body responsible for the promotion and development of tennis throughout the Province. Applications for full-time (37.5 hours / week) Director of Community Development will be accepted up to and including August 26, 2019. The successful candidate must be able to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work will be involved. The Position will be based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Strong technical knowledge of tennis, background in tournament and/or league development.
- NCCP Tennis Instructor Certification (Club Pro 1 would be an asset). Must be a Member of Tennis Canada’s Tennis Professionals Association (TPA) and the Coaching Association of Saskatchewan (may obtain memberships upon start of employment).
- Experience working with children, youth, and adults.
- Well-developed relationship building, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability and experience in the leadership and management of sport programs and event delivery.
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment in leadership, mentoring or support roles.
- Able to travel and work flexible hours on a frequent basis.
- Ability to function at a high level with multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly developed level computer skills including Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with online platforms.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Clean Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification.
Key Areas Include:
- Coordination of Under 12 Development Program
- Roger’s Rookie Tours / Team Tennis
- School Tennis Try / School Tennis Learn to Play
- Coaching and Officials Development
- Club / Community Development
- Saskatchewan Summer Games Development
- Wheelchair Tennis Development
- Safe Sport
Full Job Description (PDF): Staff – Job Description – Director, Community Development – 2019
Salary will commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience. Position includes comprehensive benefit package.
Please send applications, complete with résumé and three (3) references to:
Tennis Saskatchewan 2205 Victoria Avenue Regina, SK S4P 0S4
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.