From August 11 – 13, 2017, Lakeshore Tennis Club in Regina will host the 2017 Lakeshore Summer Classic (Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5). There will be singles, doubles, and mixed doubles events in men’s and women’s categories for each level (subject to registration, events may be combined). Players are allowed to register for a maximum of 2 events.
Registration is open for this event and runs until Tuesday, August 8, 2017. Players must register online at the following link: Lakeshore Summer Classic – Lakeshore – 2017
Read on below for a more detailed description of the event:
All tournament participants must register online using the online tournament management system
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PLAYER ACCOUNT SET UP ONLINE,
PLEASE READ BELOW
OPEN, 4.5 & BELOW,
4.0 & BELOW, 3.5 & BELOW
Lakeshore Tennis Club
On-Line Tournament Registration:
All entries and payment for this tournament must be completed online
Registering online for a Tennis Saskatchewan Tournament Player membership is easy, and can be done by following the instructions at http://tc.tournamentsoftware.com.
If you are having difficulty registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan (306-780-9410)
• Events:Men’s & Women’s – Open, 4.5 & Below, 4.0 & Below, 3.5 & Below – Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles
• Female players must enter their first event in a female event; A mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second or third event may be a male event).
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to combine/cancel events due to insufficient entries
• Entry Limit: 2 events
• Entry Fees: $35.00 1st event, $15.00 2nd event (Entry fees include BBQ on Saturday evening) Extra BBQ tickets are available to non-players for $15.00 (payable at the tournament, please phone 306-525-5095 to purchase)
• This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
• All competitors MUST be members of Tennis Saskatchewan (if you are a member of an Affiliated Club in Saskatchewan you are a member of Tennis Saskatchewan) or another recognized Tennis Association. To purchase an individual membership ($15.00), please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
• Entry Deadline: TUESDAY, August 8, 2017
• Draw times available on line or by phone: Thursday, August 10-after 6:00 p.m. (Please phone 306-525-5095)
• Play will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, for those players who are available (please indicate availability on entry)
• Unless otherwise cleared with the Tournament Director, everyone is expected to be available to play anytime Saturday/Sunday
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries (i.e. events may be combined).
• Players who withdraw from the tournament before the entry deadline will be issued a refund of their entry fees.
• Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline, but before the draws are posted, will be issued a refund of their entry fees, less a $10.00 administration fee.
• Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline and after the draws have been posted will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
• Main draw matches will be best of three sets with the tie-break at 6 all. Consolation events will be held. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches. Consolation event results will be used for ranking purposes.
• The 15-minute default and 5-minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
• Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times. Please phone Lakeshore at 306-525-5095.
• Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
• Proper tennis attire is required during matches.