From November 2 – 5, 2017, Lakewood Indoor Tennis Centre in Saskatoon will host an Open, 4.5 & Below, 4.0 & Below, and 3.5 & Below tournament. See below for a full list of events in each division. Players are allowed to register for a maximum of 2 events. This event will have a total prize money pool of $2000.00.
Registration is open for this event and runs until Monday, October 30, 2017. Players must register online at the following link: Lakewood Indoor Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 – November 2017.
Read on below for a more detailed description of the event:
All tournament participants must register online using the online tournament management system
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PLAYER ACCOUNT SET UP ONLINE, PLEASE READ BELOW
Lakewood Indoor Open / 4.5 & Below / 4.0 & Below / 3.0 & Below
$2000 Prize Pool
Lakewood Indoor Tennis Centre
November 2 – 5, 2017
Online Tournament Registration: Lakewood Indoor Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 – November 2017
All entries and payment for this tournament must be completed online
Registering online for a Tennis Saskatchewan Tournament Player membership is easy, and can be done by following the instructions at http://tc.tournamentsoftware.com.
If you are having difficulty registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan (306-780-9410)
Open: Men’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles
4.5 & Below: Men’s & Women’s Singles and Doubles
Combined 8.0 Mixed Doubles (based on the Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide – Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide) (example: 8.0 – if one player is a 4.5 player, the other player must be a 3.5 or lower player). If you require clarification, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
4.0 & Below: Men’s & Women’s Singles and Doubles
3.0 & Below: Co-ed Singles (Men and Women to be combined into one event)
3.0 & Below: Co-ed Doubles (Two men, Two women, or One man and One woman)
(when entering 3.0 & Below events on-line, please enter in either “Men”, “Women”, or “Mixed” doubles)
• Female players must enter their first event in a female event; A mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second or third event may be a male event).
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to combine/cancel events due to insufficient entries
• Entry Limit: 2 events
• Entry Fee $45.00 1st event, $30.00 2nd event
($30.00 for one event – doubles only – Players entering in only one doubles event must pay the $45.00 1st event fee, Tennis Saskatchewan will then provide a $15.00 on-line refund to your VISA, Master Card, or PayPal Account)
• This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
• All competitors MUST be members of Tennis Saskatchewan (if you are a member of an Affiliated Club in Saskatchewan you are a member of Tennis Saskatchewan) or another recognized Tennis Association. To purchase an individual membership ($15.00), please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
• Entry Deadline: MONDAY, October 30, 2017
• Draw times will be available online (Lakewood Indoor Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.0 – November 2017)
or by phone by 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 1. Phone 306-955-2226.
• LOCAL PLAYERS MUST BE PREPARED TO PLAY THEIR FIRST MATCH ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2 AT 6:00 PM. OUT OF TOWN PLAYERS MUST BE PREPARED TO PLAY THEIR FIRST MATCH ON FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3 AT 5:00 PM
• Unless otherwise cleared with the Tournament Director, everyone is expected to be available to play anytime Saturday/Sunday
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries (i.e. events may be combined).
• Players who withdraw from the tournament before the entry deadline will be issued a refund of their entry fees.
• Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline, but before the draws are posted, will be issued a refund of their entry fees, less a $10.00 administration fee.
• Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline and after the draws have been posted will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
• All Open Singles, 4.5 Singles Main draw matches will be best of three sets with a 12 point tie-break at 6-6. A 10 Point Deciding Match Tie-Break will be used in place of a third set for all Doubles, 4.0 and 3.0 Singles, and consolation matches / events. When the score in a match is one set all, one tie-break game shall be played to decide the match. This tie-break game replaces the deciding final set. The player/team who first wins ten points shall win this match tiebreak and the match provided there is a margin of two points over the opponent(s).
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches.
• It shall be solely the player’s responsibility to be dressed and ready to play when the match is called. If a player is not ready to play when his/her match is called, the following penalties will be assessed:
Late 5:00 or less: loss of toss plus 1 game
Late 5:01 – 10:00 minutes: loss of toss plus 2 games
Late 10:01 – 15:00 minutes: loss of toss plus 3 games
More than 15:00 minutes late: default.
• The 5-minute warm-up rule will be enforced.
• Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times. Please phone 306-955-2226 or check online
• Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
• Proper tennis attire is required during matches.
If you are having difficulty setting up your profile and/or registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410