Please note that the Provincial Public Health Order (April 20, 2021) limits outdoor gatherings to a maximum of 10 people. Persons in attendance must ensure that physical distancing of at least 2 metres between individuals is maintained.
Sports and Activities Guidelines can be found on pages 86-90 of the most recent update of the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan (April 20, 2021 Update). Click on the link below for complete Plan:
Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan – April 20, 2021
Updated Outdoor Individual Non-Contact Sport Guidelines (pages 89-90) (includes tennis)
Preparing to Play
- Do not play if you or your playing partner(s) are feeling unwell or exhibiting any symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and bring hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN) with you.
- Clean your equipment.
- Consider wearing a mask while you play if you can’t maintain two metres of physical distance.
- Avoid commonly touched surfaces, however when you must, wash your hands and disinfect any surfaces you have been in contact with, including door handles, gates and benches.
- Singles play is recommended. Doubles play is permitted as long as participants are from the same household.
- Be sure to arrive just before your scheduled time to prevent queuing or gathering.
- No sharing of equipment (e.g. racquets, discs).
- Respect physical distancing of two metres with other players at all times – on and off the playing surface.
- For racquet sports, each player should use their own can of balls, with distinct markings or numbers for each player. As much as possible, use your racquet or foot to pass a ball to another player.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN).
- Leave the playing area immediately after you complete play.
- Limit gathering by making all communal/public areas, including bleachers, inaccessible.
- Stagger booking times to ensure a buffer between participants.
- When possible, online reservations and payments are recommended.
- Encourage physical distancing of two metres. When possible, keep a record of participants using the facility