The annual Waskesiu Tennis Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 will take place June 16-17, 2018. This event will feature Men’s and Women’s Singles and Doubles events, as well as Mixed Doubles in each division (note: events may be combined/canceled due to the number of entries). Entry fees are $50 for the first event and $15 for a second event. This includes Saturday evening dinner. Players are allowed to register for a maximum of 2 events.
Registration for this event is open now and runs until Tuesday, June 12, 2018. Players must register online at the following link: Waskesiu Tennis Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 – June 2018.
Read on below for a more detailed description of the event:
Waskesiu Tennis Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5
Waskesiu Tennis Courts
Lakeview Drive, Waskesiu Lake, SK
June 16 – 17, 2018
On-Line Tournament Registration
All entries and payment for this tournament must be completed online
Waskesiu Tennis Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 – June 2018
- This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
- All competitors MUST be members of Tennis Saskatchewan (if you are a member of an Affiliated Club in Saskatchewan you are a member of Tennis Saskatchewan) or another recognized Tennis Association. To purchase an individual membership ($15.00), please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410 prior to the tournament entry deadline.
- Female players must enter their first event in a female event; A mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second event may be a male event).
- Entry Limit: 2 events.
- Entry deadline is Tuesday, June 12.
- Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee.
- Draw times will be available online by Thursday, June 14 after 5:00 p.m. or by phone at 306-780-9410.
- Play will begin Saturday, June 16 at 9:00 am (All players must be prepared to play 9:00 am on Saturday)
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries (i.e. events may be combined).
- Players who withdraw from the tournament before the entry deadline will be issued a refund of their entry fees.
- Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline, but before the draws are posted, will be issued a refund of their entry fees, less a $10.00 administration fee.
- Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline and after the draws have been posted will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
- Main draw matches will be best of three sets with the tie-break at 6 all. Consolation events will be held. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches. Consolation event results will be used for ranking purposes.
- Players may be required to play more than 3 matches/day
- The 15-minute default and 5-minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
- Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times.
- Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
- Proper tennis attire is required during matches.