Registration is open for the Lloydminster Tennis Association Paul Douglas 28 – 4.5, 4.0, 3.5 Tournament, happening August 9-11, 2019 at the Bud Miller All Seasons Sport Park in Lloydminster. The following events are scheduled to have a draw:
Men’s Singles 4.5 and below
Men’s Singles 4.0 and below
Men’s Singles 3.5 and below
Men’s Doubles 4.5 and below
Men’s Doubles 4.0 and below
Men’s Doubles 3.5 and below
Women’s Doubles 4.0 and below
Women’s Doubles 3.5 and below
Mixed Doubles 4.5 and below
Mixed Doubles 4.0 and below
Mixed Doubles 3.5 and below
(The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel/combine events due to insufficient entries)
Players may enter a maximum of two events with entry fees as follows: First Event: $40, Second Event: $25. All entry fees include a T-Shirt and a Social on Saturday evening (Social attendance is $30 for non-players).
Note: This tournament does not use the Tennis Canada tournament system for its entry. To enter please contact Tournament Directors Rod Shopland at 780-205-4880 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Warren Aguinaldo at 639-840-3563 / email@example.com. The entry deadline for this event is Tuesday, August 6 at 10:00 PM. Draw times will be posted on the LTA website and facebook page on Thursday, August 8 after 9:00 PM. Play will begin Friday, August 9 at 6:00 PM.
Here is a list of rules and regulations for the event:
- This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
- All competitors MUST be members of Tennis Saskatchewan (if you are a member of an Affiliated Club in Saskatchewan you are a member of Tennis Saskatchewan) or another recognized Tennis Association. To purchase an individual membership ($15.00), please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410 prior to the tournament entry deadline.
- Entry fees must be paid prior to first match.
- Deciding match tie-break (10 Points). When the score in a match is one set all, one tie-break game shall be played to decide the match. This tie-break game replaces the deciding final set. The player/team who first wins ten points shall win this match tie-break and the match provided there is a margin of two points over the opponent(s).
- “No ad” scoring will be used. 7 point tiebreak for set at 5-5
- Consolation events will be held (subject to weather conditions). However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation events.
- The 15 minute default and 5 minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
- Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times.
- Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
- Proper tennis attire is required during matches.
TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT, PLEASE CONTACT ROD SHOPLAND @ 780-205-4880 or firstname.lastname@example.org or WARREN AGUINALDO @ 639-840-3563 or email@example.com