The 2022 Waskesiu Open takes place at the Waskesiu Tennis Courts (Prince Albert National Park) June 17-19.
Events: Men’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
Women’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
Mixed Doubles – Open, 7.5 Combined
Combined Ranking 7.5. Mixed Doubles (based on the Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide – Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide) (example: 7.5 – if one player is a 4.5 player, the other player must be a 3.0 or lower player). If you require clarification, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
Entry Limit: Two events – Players are limited to one singles event
Entry Fee: $50.00 1st event, $25.00 2nd event (Saturday evening meal provided with entry fees) (extra meal tickets available for $30.00/meal)
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, June 14 – 11:59 p.m.
Late Entry: Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee.
Note: Please book your accommodations as soon as possible. Please go to the following link for Waskesiu accommodations: https://www.waskesiu.org/accommodations
- This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
- All competitors MUST be members of Tennis Saskatchewan (if you are a member of an Affiliated Club in Saskatchewan you are a member of Tennis Saskatchewan) or another recognized Tennis Association. To purchase an individual membership ($15.00), please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
All Tennis Saskatchewan Sanctioned Tournaments must follow all Government of Saskatchewan Public Health Orders, the most current Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, the Re-Open Roadmap and any other Government protocols and / or guidelines currently in effect.
- Tennis Saskatchewan and the Host Club reserve the right to add Covid-19 related restrictions / protocols as necessary / required.
- Female players must enter their first event in a female event. A mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second event may be a male event).
- Entry Limit: 2 events – Players are limited to one singles event
- Entry deadline is Tuesday, June 14 – 11:59 p.m.
- Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee.
- Draw times will be available on-line or by phone by 7:00 p.m. Thursday, June 16.
- Play will begin Friday, June 17 – 5:30 p.m.
- All participants must be prepared to play at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning.
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries (i.e. events may be combined)
- Players who withdraw from the tournament before the entry deadline will be issued a refund of their entry fees.
- Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline, but before the draws are posted, will be issued a refund of their entry fees, less a $10.00 administration fee.
- Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline and after the draws have been posted will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
Matches will be best of three sets, with a super-tiebreaker to 10 for the third set. However, the
- Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches.
- Players may be required to play more than 3 matches/day.
- The 15 minute default and 5 minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
- Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times.
- Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
- Proper tennis attire is required during matches.