PROVINCIAL OPEN, 4.5 & BELOW, 4.0 & BELOW, 3.5 & BELOW
Aug. 4-7, 2023
Riverside Badminton and Tennis Club (645 Spadina Crescent W, Saskatoon, SK)
· This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan
· Men’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5
· Women’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5
· Mixed Doubles – Open, 7.5 Combined, 6.5 Combined
Combined Ranking Open, 7.5. & 6.5 Mixed Doubles (based on the Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide – Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide) (example: 7.5 – if one player is a 4.0 player, the other player must be a 3.5 or lower player). If you require clarification, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
· Female players must enter their first event in a female event; a mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second or third event may be a male event)
· Entry Limit: 3 events (Maximum of 2 Singles Events) … The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries (i.e. events may be combined)
· Entry Fees: $30.00 1st event, $25.00 2nd event, $20.00 3rd event (No meal included with entry fees)
· Entry Deadline: Tuesday, August 1 – 11:59 p.m.
· Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee
· Players who withdraw from the tournament more than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament less than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of 50% of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Draw times available on line or by phone: Thursday, August 3 – after 7:00 p.m. (Please phone 306-242-5584)
· Play will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, for those players who are available (please indicate availability on entry)
· Unless otherwise cleared with the Tournament Director, everyone is expected to be available to play anytime Saturday through Monday
· If you plan to play 3 events or 2 singles events, to give yourself the best chance of success, it is recommended that you make yourself available to play on Friday night.
· Otherwise the time gap between matches on Saturday may not be as long as you might hope, especially if you happen to have a particularly tough match
· Main draw matches will be best of three sets with the tie-break at 6 all. Consolation events will be held. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches
· The 15 minute default and 5 minute warm-up rules will be enforced
· Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times. Please phone Riverside at 306-242-5584
· Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations
· Proper tennis attire is required during matches.
If you are having difficulty registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan (306-780-9410)