LAKESHORE SUMMER CLASSIC OPEN,
4.5 & BELOW, 4.0 & BELOW, 3.5 & BELOW
Lakeshore Tennis Club, Regina, SK
August 18-20, 2023
· This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan
· Men’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
· Women’s Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
· Mixed Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5
· Female players must enter their first event in a female event; a mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second may be a male event).
· Entry Limit: 2 events … The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events due to insufficient entries.
· Entry Fees – $30.00 1st event, $20.00 2nd event (No meal included with entry fees).
· Entry Deadline: Tuesday, August 15 – 11:59 p.m.
· Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament more than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament less than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of 50% of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Draw times available on line Thursday, August 17 – after 7:00 p.m.
· Play will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night, for those players who are available (please indicate availability on entry) … All players must be prepared to play by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 19.
· Deciding match tie-break (10 points) will be played in lieu of a third set. When the score in a match is one set all, one tie-break game shall be played to decide the match. This tie-break game replaces the deciding final set. The player/team who first wins ten points shall win this match tie-break and the match provided there is a margin of two points over the opponent(s).
· Consolation events will be held. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches.
· The 15 minute default and 5 minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
· Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times.
· Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
· Proper tennis attire is required during matches.
Registering online for a Tennis Saskatchewan Tournament Player membership is easy, and can be done by following the instructions at http://tc.tournamentsoftware.com.
If you are having difficulty registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan (306-780-9410)