4.5 & BELOW, 4.0 & BELOW, 3.5 & BELOW
September 8-10, 2023
Riverside Badminton and Tennis Club
645 Spadina Crescent W
· This tournament is sanctioned by Tennis Saskatchewan.
· Events: Men’s and Women’s – Singles and Doubles – Open, 4.5, 4.0 & 3.5 … Mixed Doubles – Open, 7.5 Combined (based on the Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide – Tennis Canada Self Rating Guide) (example: 7.5 – if one player is a 4.0 player, the other player must be a 3.5 or lower player). If you require clarification, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan at 306-780-9410.
· Female players must enter their first event in a female event; a mixed doubles event will be considered a female event. (If a female enters only one event, the event must be a female event; the second event may be a male event).
· Entry Limit: 2 events (maximum 1 singles event)
· The Tennis Saskatchewan Tournament Committee reserves the right to restrict players from entering into events they are too strong for or too weak for (as determined by Tennis Canada rating and/or recent tournament results). Examples: A player with a 4.0 rating will be considered ineligible to enter a 3.5 event. A player enters an Open or 4.5 event and is clearly a 3.5 player.
· Entry Fees: $30.00 1st event, $20.00 2nd event (no tournament dinner will be provided) The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel events or combine events due to insufficient entries.
· Entry Deadline: TUESDAY, September 5, 2023.
· Late entries may be accepted provided the draw has not been completed. Late entries that are accepted will be subject to a $20.00 late registration fee.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament more than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament less than 7 days before the entry deadline will receive a refund of 50% of their entry fees.
· Players who withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline will be defaulted from the tournament and will not receive a refund of their entry fees.
· Draw times available on line or by phone: Thursday, September 7 – after 7:00 p.m. (Please phone 306-242-5584).
· Play Will Begin: Friday, September 8 – 6:00 p.m.
· Unless otherwise cleared with the Tournament Director, everyone is expected to be available to play anytime Saturday or Sunday.
· Main draw matches will be best of three sets with a 10 point tiebreaker being used for the 3rd set. Consolation events will be held. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to revert to an alternate method of scoring for both main draw and consolation draw matches
· The 15 minute default and 5 minute warm-up rules will be enforced.
· Players are responsible for confirming their own draw times. Please phone Riverside at 306-242-5584.
· Tennis Canada disciplinary procedures will be enforced. The rule book “Rules of the Court” sets out the rules, regulations, and format to be followed in Sanctioned Tournaments. All Sanctioned Tournaments will be carried out according to these regulations.
· Proper tennis attire is required during matches.
· Tournament subject to weather conditions (i.e. events may be cancelled due to inclement weather).
If you are having difficulty registering for the tournament, please contact Tennis Saskatchewan